it is finally upon us, Shaky Knees Festival is kicking off festival season in ATL today! don’t let the sprinkles stop you from the incredible line up!
my friends at Open Ears have mapped out their weekend…who are you going to see?!
– White Denim (This will be my 1st time seeing them but I’ve heard they are really great live. Potential to steal the weekend like Delta Spirit did last year. Get there early for their 3PM set)
– Foals (tons of people mentioned #Foals being 1 of their top shows last year) – Charles Bradley (another 1 I’ve been told over and over not to miss him. Puts all of his soul into the music).
– Just missed & Under the Radar worth checking out: Spoon, Wild Belle, American Aquarium, Mutual Benefit (not your typical fest band but if you can see them early Fri they are amazing)
– Portugal. The Man (these guys put on a show live!)
– Lord Huron (saw them open for Alt-J, can’t wait to see them again)
– The Lone Bellow (ok so they are the same time as Lord Huron, pick 1 for the day, then the other for the after show. I’ve seen clips & heard how superb they are live. Songwriting, harmonies, musicianship) –
Just missed & Under The Radar: #Dawes, #Phox, #Houndmouth, #TheApacheRelay, #WakeOwl
– @deertickmusic (don’t miss these guys, John is always good for something crazy whether it’s shotgun beers or something else. I wouldn’t bet against other bands like Dawes joining them or DT joining other bands)
– @langhorneslim (heard for a long while how great he is live, finally seeing for myself)
– @localnatives (my favorite album last year & favorite live show. Sun Hands to close out the show was the best concert closer I can remember) – -Just missed & Under the Radar: #KopeckyFamilyBand & #SanFermin
Of course don’t miss out on the headliner each night: #TheNational, #ModestMouse, & #AlabamaShakes.
Looking forward to a great festival. Hoping to meet a bunch of you fine folks. Who’s your can’t miss acts of Shaky Knees??