had some inquiries about some of my favorite make up products that i use so i thought i’d let you all sneak a peak into my make up bag!
i am really into a fresh faced look with a healthy glow.
1. i love NARS sheer glow foundation. i tend to have oily skin so it works perfect for me. there is also a matte option if you prefer that look. i use the color fiji. i apply with a dual brush pictured above. i put it on with the brush side and smooth it out with the sponge side for even coverage.
i tend to use NARS for most of my facial make up if you couldn’t tell by the picture. i use their powder foundation in fiji as well. i dust it on with a brush when i’m wearing the liquid foundation, and use the sponge for heavier coverage on simple days when i just wear BB cream. it is also great to take with you from day to night.
next i put on concealer and highlighter. i put the concealer on the apples of my cheeks first. i apply the highlighter side under my eyes, top of nose or anywhere else i want highlighted. i blend with the sponge side of my brush and pat with my finger. this dual set by elf cosmetics i can’t get enough of!
2. i lightly dust both the NARS foundation and brightening powder on to set the face look. use brightening powder sparingly. this one is by sonia kanushk.
3. i love bronzer! who doesn’t want to look healthy!? a little goes a long way though, you do not want to look muddy. i apply bronzer with a big fluffy brush. start under your cheek bones and jaw line. then i move up to temples and lightly dust the nose. i make a movement in shape of a “3” on either side of my face. my favorite bronzers include:
Make Up Forever
4. blush time! apply to your apples of your cheeks and smile when you do it for a natural look. i have HUGE cheek bones so i love the layer on the blush ; )
my favorite blush is by NARS in:
5. i like to lightly dust a shimmer highlighter on the tops of my cheek bones, underneath them, down the nose. gives you a natural glow.
this one from elf is my favorite doesn’t break the bank!
you can also use a bobbi brown shimmer brick.
or any golden eyeshadow.
brushes are important! you do not have to spend a lot of money on them either. i invest in a good bronzer/powder brush, blush brush, and tool to apply your foundation. the rest you can find anywhere! be sure to take care of them no matter how much money you spend. i find that sonia kashuk’s are a happy medium for quality, price, & availability.
dual stick for foundation, concealer, ect.
highlighter powder fan brush
bronzer/powder brush by NARS
BEST blush brush by NARS
what are some of your go-to facial beauty products?!? next week we will talk eyes!